Even if it is a color scheme, weddings tend to have a theme. It is best if you can pick a theme that fits your personality (and that of the groom) and all of the innovative ways we can weave the theme into their wedding.
How can you make sure that your upcoming nuptials stand out as unique and memorable? One way is to incorporate your theme into your catering menu.
Whether your wedding is in “feet on the sand” on the beach, on a golf course, or at a wedding rental venue, can help you create an inspired menu.
Wondering where to start? Read on to learn how to match your catering menu to your wedding theme.
Before you begin planning your menu, think about your wedding theme. Like a carefully crafted story, you want to weave that theme throughout every aspect of your big day — including the food.
If your theme centers around a movie, book, or character, start by revisiting the source. Look for subtle details in the text or script that you can incorporate into your ceremony and reception.
What if your theme is location-based, such as nautical or rustic? A talented chef and a creative bride can work wonders to incorporate local aspects or themes into the food.
For example, let’s say you’re planning a beach wedding in Ocean City. A quick internet search yields fun ideas like a Seabreeze cocktail reception and sand dollar cookies.
Now that you’re thinking about food, let’s discuss seven ways to incorporate your wedding theme into the catering menu.
- Fit the Mood – Every wedding has a distinct mood and personality. Whether yours feels sophisticated, casual, or somewhere in between, your menu selection should match the mood.
- Match the Setting – The location of your wedding should definitely factor into your menu selection.
- Go Local and Seasonal – When in doubt, you can never go wrong with locally grown produce or seasonal items.
- Think Global – This may seem like strange advice after the last point, but consider this.
- Get Festive – Does your wedding fall over a holiday weekend? Incorporate the festivities into your wedding theme – and your catering menu.
- Themed Cocktails – Most mixed drinks have a story behind them. Take advantage of that history by serving theme-appropriate cocktails at your wedding reception.
- Cake cake cake – The cake is the highlight of any wedding reception. This is the perfect opportunity to include your wedding theme and express your personality.